- The next Elder Care Training in Tigard, Oregon is scheduled for Wed-Thu, October 28th-29th from 9AM-4PM daily at the Tigard Office. The cost is $450.
You must complete 40 Hours of Basic Training (either with Genesis or elsewhere) as a prerequisite for Elder Care Training. If you do not have an advanced degree in mental health, you will also need Advanced Training.
Elder Care Mediation is a rapidly growing field. With more than 10,000 Baby Boomers retiring daily for the next 19 years, a Silver Tsunami is approaching. Dr. Randy Kinnison has established a practice within Elder Care and related areas. You will receive the necessary training and role play experience to begin supervision in Elder Care. Dr. Kinnison does not allow trainings with more than six participants. This ensures interaction with other participants and Dr. Kinnison as trainer.
Topics of Training:
- Guardianship and conservatorship
- Legal capacity
- Wills and estates
- Power of Attorneys, Health Directives, HIPAA and other related documents and forms
- Elder abuse accusations
- The role of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid
- How to conduct case development
- Basic Gerontology
- Dementia (Alzheimer’s and other forms)
- Conflict coaching for families in transition
- Assessing ADLs and IADLs
- Checklist for family care giving
- The Decision Tree of Aging (exclusive product of Dr. Randy Kinnison)
- Writing a Family Care Plan
- Plenty of role play with actual Elder Care cases
Please contact us for the dates of the next Elder Care Training. The cost of this training is $450. We must have sufficient numbers for training. You will receive a full refund if the training is cancelled for any reason. If you have questions, please contact us at (503) 352-9447.